Cape Coral Single Family Homes Trend
Active Listings (currently on the market/not sold) are trending up ever so slightly in numbers again this month. October listing inventory is up from September and has been rising since June indicating a trend towards a Buyer’s Market.
What this Means for Buyers
- Your choices are getting slightly more plentiful.
- If inventory continues to increase, sellers competing for your attention will be striving to put forth their best product with improved property maintenance and showing quality.
- Pricing however has been currently holding steady. Considering the long-term, average sale price of Cape Coral homes is up ($195k) from this time last year ($175k).
What this Means for Sellers
The more homes on the market, the more competition there is for the buyer attention.
- It could take longer to sell your house. With inventory at 5.2 months of inventory on the market at the end of the 3rd quarter 2013, that means it would take 5.2 months for that inventory to turn over.
- So, if you want to be at the front end of the sales in that 5.2 months, your property needs to be priced right AND it really needs to needs to shine.
Tend to maintenance on your property – make sure your house is always clean and bright for showings and never turn down a showing appointment. If you turn down a showing appointment because it’s not convenient for you, buyers and their agents will just move on. Whether you think its fair or not, agents tend to remember which homes are too difficult to get a showing appointment for their buyers. And no showings means no sale.
Get more details on How You Can Sell Your Home for More.